It’s a funny old world, innit?
- Ash Barty. Just as Sam Stosur starts getting to be just a bit past it, along comes young Ash. What a girl! Will she take out Wimbledon? I’ll keep my fingers (and toes) crossed.
- Nick Kyrgios and Venus Williams, did you watch their last match? Tennis at its very best, with Nick clearly in awe of playing with such a goddess of the sport. Shame he’s now had to withdraw after injuring himself.
- Covid – we’ve kept our infections and deaths down pretty well, but our vaccine roll-out has been pathetically slow compared with many other countries. Logistics, all is logistics – our pollies hadn’t even heard of the word until a couple of minutes ago!
- China. Has reverted to the 1800s, has gone utterly doolally, has a lot to answer for, and is stupefyingly dangerous. Handle with great care until they recover.
That’ll do for now. 😎
The world will miss you.
Rest in Peace – you surely deserve it for a life well lived.
I am aghast at the global shenanigans caused by one mediocre Mercan actress and her juvenile, brain dead poodle of a husband. The sooner Liz and Phil remove their titles and banish them fully from The Firm, the better. They have turned the UK’s Constitutional Monarchy into a third-rate soap opera and anyone who says so is culture cancelled by the woke brigade – poor old Piers Morgan, for example.
And another thing –
Cressida Dick, who until now I regarded as the best Metropolitan Commissioner of Police since Sir Robert Peel, has screwed up right royally by allowing her officers to act as though they were aspiring to be American thugs (so-called Police) by beating up and arresting many defenceless women on Clapham Common (a place I know well, but that’s quite another story) who were there in memory of a local girl who was recently murdered by a Metropolitan Police thug who had been serving in the Diplomatic Protection squad – that means armed – until his mates finally threw him in the clink.
They should have been supporting the lasses rather than wrestling them to the ground and handcuffing them.
O tempora, o mores!
Rhybudd Pwysig – महत्वपूर्ण सूचना – Avis important – Wichtiger Hinweis
The Chariot has been happily trundling along for many years, and within its own limited objectives has been reasonably successful. We’ve lost a few Charioteers to time’s fell hand, all of whom are greatly missed, and the odd one or two miscreants have been forcibly removed, to the relief of all.
It would appear that some of the Chariot’s guidelines have become dimmed in our collective minds of late, so for a refresher, why not read the paragraphs on the About page covering Moderation and Authors? It won’t take long, the link is just up there on the right.
And then, perhaps, have a squiz at FAQs -> Who can do what? -> Authors which adds some explanatory details for the forgetful.
- each Charioteer owns his/her own posts and all the comments therein
- asserting that an idea or concept or fact is stupid, illogical or fallacious is fine
- asserting that a Charioteer is stupid . . . is definitely not acceptable
Have a nice day now, y’all. 😎
The Maroons (“Marones”) have won this year’s State of Origin (two games to one). Of course they have!
There is no truth to the rumour that Anna threatened to have the entire team shot if they lost, but I can assure you that Gladys threw an almighty tanty after the final whistle. 😎
Pala-shay and Berry-jick-lian, respectively.
I see that the Janus account and all associated posts and comments have now been removed, after several weeks (months?) of inactivity. I can only assume that our colleague has sadly joined the growing number of Charioteers who have abandoned this mortal coil to blog forever in Elysium.
Although at times a contentious contributor, Janus was an essential part of the fundamental essence of the Chariot. He will be sorely missed – in particular his scholarly knowledge of Latin and Greek.
If my assumption is incorrect, my apologies to my friend and his family.
Don’t get me wrong, Jofra’s a talented young man and I’m sure every ball he bowls is compliant with the current laws of the game.
But I’m not happy with the current rules because so many players – and the odd umpire or two – are getting seriously injured by fast bowling. Poor old Phil Hughes comes to mind, but his death is not the only one to have happened over the past two or three years. Jofra has already hurt more batsmen per ball bowled then anyone else – that’s not because he’s bad, but because he’s faster and trickier than anyone else – yet.
Cricket is not supposed to be a game based on maiming your opponents – unlike boxing – but a game firmly based on skill. Of recent years however, speed of bowling has apparently become the one and only worthwhile goal to be pursued, whilst clever spin – Warnie or Lyon or Swann for example – has been relegated to an also-ran technique, only to be used when the quickies get tired.
I don’t like the outcome and I’d love to see the rules changed, but I can’t think of a sensible and practical way to change them. Any ideas?
Nathan and Pat clean up all 10 before tea after Steve and Matt set an impossible target at a ground where England never loses.
Have I morphed to an alternate reality, or is this for real?
Poor old Moeen goes down to The Goat for the 11th time – oh frabjous joy!
Charioteers may not yet know . . .
What’s the word down-under?
- You may possibly have BoJo, but we’ve had ScoMo for several weeks, and what a nice bloke he is. Better hair control, too. 😎
- The Maroons lost Origin II yesterday, and a bad loss at that. Don’t have much hope for our chances in the decider. Sob. 😭
- Ash Barty is Number One!! I’ve always been a Sam Stosur follower, but Ash is awesome. My money is on her for Wimbledon. Go Girl!
Enjoy the rest of your day!
A side view, so that I don’t have to blank the rego plates. 😎
Here we go! Everything is fine, except for the hundreds of pages of User Manual that I have to plough through every time I want to use or change a function.
It’s eerily quiet – spooky in Strine – but it does everything it’s meant to do with just a hint of a superior smirk if we don’t phrase our request in exactly the correct way. But we’re learning fast!
We’re trying to name her, but we haven’t yet reached agreement on what her name should be. Can any kind Charioteer make a suggestion? 😊