Although there were not many photos entered this time around there were some very interesting shots. Continue reading “Photo competition results – July 2011”
It can be very difficult to be a judge. To paraphrase Abraham Lincoln you can please some of the people all of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.
On Saturday a version of this picture
The next photo competition is entitled: “a photo of an unexpected or unusual reflections.”
To illustrate my idea here is a tree in the glass of my car’s back window: you may have seen it before!
…. Thursday is the last day of the current photo competition
Please follow the link and post your entry into comments.
The theme for this next competition is ‘The Force of Nature’ – the rules for this one are:
- Manipulation is limited to the usual basics of fine tuning the colour balance and brightness etc, and cropping to make a good composition, but none of the ‘high tech’ manipulation of shots.
- Photos should be added in a comment following Bearsy’s guidelines –
- Each image should be supported by a brief description of the where / why/ how (not too technical) and what the theme means to you, how you interpreted it….
- Photographs should be taken within the time frame of the competition.
- The closing date is mid day on Thursday 31st of March (GMT)
Just a thought. I have been browsing and have seen that the BBC website is doing a themed photo competition and as we have several photographers on this site I thought maybe a theme per week might inspire over here too?
Only one picture per contributor per week posted as a comment in this thread, using the instructions which Bearsy has added on the Main Page Menu Bar.
The theme: Sunlight and Clouds. Closing date Sunday 9th @ midnight.
Val, maybe you could be the first judge? Pretty please.