Earlier this week, I came across a book called ‘Wrotten English’ which contained some interesting references to the literary world. Below is a list of rejected titles for some well known novels. Can you work out which they are?
- First Impressions – Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen – Ara, PG and Google, with objections by CO!
- Novel Without A Hero – Vanity Fair, W M Thackery FEEG
- Two and Two Are Four – HArd Times, Charles Dickens – Araminta
- 1805 – War and Peace. Leo Tolstoy – Papaguniea
- The Body and Soul of Sue – Tess of the Durbervilles, Thomas Hardy – Araminta
- John Thomas and Lady Jane – D H Lawrence’s Lady Chatterley’s Lover – Araminta
- Four Years of Struggle Against Lies, Stupidity and Cowardice – Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf – Bearsy
- Ba! Ba! Black Sheep – Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell – Araminta
- Something That Happened – Of Mice and Men , John Steinbeck – Theroyalist
- Zounds, He Dies – Farewell My Lovely, Raymond Chandler, Araminta.
- The House of Faith – Brideshead Revisited, Evelyn Waugh – Araminta
- The Last Man in Europe – George Orwell’s 1984 – Araminta
- If Wishes Were Horses – From Here to Eternity, James Jones – Araminta
- The Kingdom by The Sea – Lolita, Vladimir Nabokov – Araminta.
Try not to Google if you can help it. I think it would be more fun to work it out. If it is necessary, I will provide the names of the authors, in a random manner, as a clue.
Thanks Soutie. OK here are the missing authors:
Thank you all.