Home > General > What happened to the Telegraph?

What happened to the Telegraph?

The front page is a copy from 31st March this year!  To my knowledge it has now been there for 13 hours since last night!

They must know, so probably been hacked and they can’t move it, reckon it is an inside job of a disgruntled employee.  It is so nice to see the old format and names rather than a horde of useless bints of 20 something snowflakes.

November 3, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Are you all seeing the same thing? We are, on various computers throughout the house.

2. November 3, 2016 at 7:29 pm

It appears to have been the result of the Telegraph changing its format. It has introduced a new “premium” service. They probably put up an old “front page” as a space-holder.

3. November 3, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Er…..no. I get today’s online DT.

4. November 3, 2016 at 8:13 pm

No, it’s all OK when I looked at it earlier but Christopher is correct, they are changing the site and most of the more interesting articles are now “Premium” and you have to subscribe to read them. You can read the rest of the dross for free.

It’s frankly going downhill fast and hardly worth a glance now.

November 3, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Interesting, there is nothing on ther page about a premium service and no email!

6. November 3, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Odd, Tina, but you may be suffering from the time difference and updating servers, or something. I have no idea but try again later and see if it’s changed. I have no intention of paying for the Premium service, but interestingly if one does, they are enabling comments once more on some of these articles.

November 3, 2016 at 10:12 pm

A, you are probably right all I’m getting is a demand to sign up but no mention to what!
    All I can say is if they want people to say they had better improve their standard of reporting and get back some decent columnists.

8. November 4, 2016 at 10:57 am

The mobile server has disappeared today. They’re opp to soomat! 😎

November 4, 2016 at 3:23 pm

They expect people to pay for their columnists?
    Blimey, what planet are they on?
    What a pig’s ear.

10. November 4, 2016 at 6:16 pm

CO: Their best columnists migrated to the Spectator. They shan’t be coming back. The editorial board must be suicidal. Replacing great names in contemporary journalism with PC hacks is the best way to drive conservative subscribers to cancel!

November 4, 2016 at 7:03 pm

Agreed.

November 4, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Is the spectator free to read online? I note their subscription is for hard copy.

13. November 4, 2016 at 7:12 pm

CO: You get a number of free articles, but they do charge a modest subscription fee even for their online edition.

November 4, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Thanks, must explore.

November 8, 2016 at 10:58 pm

Greetings. Just got back to The Cave after six days in Blighty. Whilst I was away, the blurry Dark Side unilaterally renewed the subscription to the DT online I took out in a weak moment a year ago despite express written cancellation of the direct debit mandate by self last spring. 75 Sterlings have been taken from my account without my consent and I am not best pleased. It follows that some spotty wonk at Barclay Towers is in for a savaging in the morning. For one thing, if I want to read ill-researched, ungrammatical, shallow bolleaux the Daily Mail website is free.