I need to have a rant.
The modern way of argumentation is getting on my wick.
People just love to try to win arguments by vilifying their opposition with labels. Some examples:
- Agree that the UK needs some immigration and you are a LEFTY
- Disagree with gay marriage and you are HOMOPHOBIC
- An atheist is MORALLY UNSOUND
- Disagree with bombing and you are a PACIFIST or TERRORIST SYMPATHISER
- Sceptics over AGW are UNCARING ABOUT THEIR ENVIRONMENT or DENIERS
- Agree that the EU is a good thing and you are an EU FANATIC
I think that using such extreme labels to try to win a discussion shows that one is already struggling to find honest logical arguments.
Was it always like this or is this something new?