Home > General > Oscar ~ Judgement Day

Oscar ~ Judgement Day

From my morning read

But guilty of what?

We’ll find out later today.

Categories: General Tags: ,
  1. September 11, 2014 at 7:00 am

Live from 0800 BST. See you there, S!

2. Soutie
    September 11, 2014 at 7:03 am

Ha ha. Môre Jay

Not me, I’ll be in the car but it will be all over our news bulletins, perhaps I’ll play a CD!

3. September 11, 2014 at 9:32 am

I hope the girl’s parents, family and friends see justice done. There was so much technical bollox put up by the defence that the judge may have grown weary of the scales. She is not a young chicken. I hope for clarity.

September 11, 2014 at 11:51 am

As I understand it, it may take some time for the Judge to summarise all the evidence and explain why the verdict is what it is.

I read a report that said, because there is no jury, the Judges must explain why they have reached the verdict they have – and that could take days. Was the report correct – I don’t really trust newspapers!

Do I have this right – Dewani has finally been sent to SA to stand trial for the murder of his wife?

5. September 11, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Boa, yes – on Dewani – but on Pistorius the Court has already cleared him of murder and will pronounce on culpable homicide on Friday 12th.

6. Soutie
    September 12, 2014 at 6:15 am

Dewani finally arrived back on these shores during April this year, he’s been sent for observation, declared fit to stand trial and had a pre trial hearing 2 or 3 days ago. His trial scheduled to begin during the 1st week in October.

7. Soutie
    September 12, 2014 at 9:34 am

Oscar – guilty of culpable homicide (which I think is referred to as manslaughter in other parts)

Now the sentencing (and I suppose an appeal?)

8. September 12, 2014 at 10:45 am

Not surprisingly the Steenkamp family think it was murder. Bail or no bail is now the issue – the akshull sentence could be weeks coming.

September 12, 2014 at 11:03 am

Cheers Soutie – I thought I’d read that somewhere.

Yes, manslaughter here and in other places.

10. September 14, 2014 at 7:50 am

According to the meeja, SA is in uproar becuase the Judge believed Oscar’s statement that he thought Reeva was still in bed when he fired.

This will run and run (if you will excuse the imagery).

11. Soutie
    September 15, 2014 at 7:12 am

The only ‘uproar’ that I’ve seen or heard is actually by the media, in the media.

Everybody that I know have moved on.

There was more ‘uproar’ on Sat and Sun over Bismark’s poor performance in Wellington than anything else.

12. September 15, 2014 at 7:28 am

G’morgen, Soutie. Exactly. The same will be true of Scotch treachery in a week’s time.