Two weeks ago our dishwasher gave up the ghost.
As most of you know, I will be moving to Spain in two months, so I decided that it wasn’t worth buying another one here in Toulouse, just to have an extra large item to move.
Therefore we have spent the last couple of weeks washing up by hand.
We have found so many advantages of not using the dishwasher that we are now considering not having one in future.
These advantages are:-
1) Enjoying a chat about our day while washing up after the evening meal
2) Always have clean crockery and pans ready for the next meal. Previously we needed many more as some were ‘waiting’ in the dishwasher until it was full.
3) Never leaving the kitchen a mess after a meal as the pots needed to be cleaned straightaway.
4) Clearly the cost is lower when doing it by hand
5) We have found that it doesn’t really take so much longer to wash up than previously to load and unload the dishwasher.
It would be interesting to hear your views on this.