Home > General > It’s a Worry No 2 – George Galloway

It’s a Worry No 2 – George Galloway

You have to understand that I really do not like George Galloway. Never have ever since I first read about his venal activities in Dundee Labour Party. In his time, he has ripped off the charity he worked  for, grovelled shamelessly to Saddam Hussein, ruthlessly exploited  the Muslim vote and done so much more for his own ends and for self aggrandisement. He was also a totally rubbish cat in ‘Big Brother’.

But he has always been a superb orator. He has, in my opinion. surpassed himself this time with this speech in defence of the Union which has brought the cybernats screeching out of their virtual lairs. As he says in his speech, we are strange bedfellows in the No campaign. This is not a campaign of the head but it is of the heart. Mine would break if I was no longer part of my country and he clearly feels the same.

Categories: General Tags:
  1. June 30, 2014 at 3:15 pm

Yes, JM, that is oratory! An eloquent cover of ‘be careful what you wish for’.

June 30, 2014 at 5:12 pm

I can’t actually face George Galloway at this time in the morning!
    One presumes Scotland would be too small a stage for his antics? Shouldn’t think there was a sufficiently appreciative amount of pond life in your rather clean lochs for him.

3. June 30, 2014 at 10:16 pm

I thoroughly detest the man, but I have to admit that he is a quite gifted orator and in this case he appears to be entirely heartfelt and sincere.

I really cannot contemplate the idea of an independent Scotland, and I refuse to believe it could happen. I honestly think it unthinkable, Mr Mackie.

June 30, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Good evening Mr. Mackie. That was a rare nugget from Gorgeous George. If only he would cut the publicity seeking antics elsewhere he might have a future as a serious politician.

Never mind the “Wee Eek” fallumping about demanding this and that and the Moon as if he had any authority on the matter. It is about time us Southrons got a vote on whether WE ackshully want to keep on subsidising a tribe of feckless, ginger ingrates.

5. July 1, 2014 at 7:15 am

OZ, Tacitus quotes the chief or king of the Picts, Calgacus as saying: “We, the most distant dwellers upon the earth, the last of the free, have been shielded…by our remoteness and by the obscurity which has shrouded our name…Beyond us lies no nation, nothing but waves and rocks”. These days, Mexican waves and bling?

6. July 1, 2014 at 7:17 am

I have to say, he went up hugely, albeit briefly, in my estimation when he stuck it to the US Senate hearing. I am so anti the US right now. George starts speaking at about minute 6.

July 1, 2014 at 9:57 am

Mornin’ Janus. I yearn for the days of the apocryphal, ‘Continent cut off by fog’ headline back in the days when we had a worldwide Empah to boot. Didn’t need the Federated Stares of Europe then and don’t need it now. The world is a big market place and we should not be hampered by the ‘little European’ mentality. So there.