Home > General > Photograph Winner

Photograph Winner

Good evening, good morning. It is time to announce the winner of the photography contest. Thank you all who submitted pictures.

Janus: the one who started the ball rolling. A lovely picture of a beautiful Danish country house.

Araminta: a rare sunny day in England with an appealing church scene.

Gazoopi: Southern Charm at its finest.

LW: simple, but pleasant.

Soutie: cutting-edge and modern, but not without merit.

The two finalists are: Araminta and Gazoopi. As there can only be one winner, the prize — be it gold or a white elephant — will go to Araminta. There is something about an English church, be it in the English countryside or near Hong Kong Central, that touches me.

1. Soutie
    March 5, 2014 at 5:29 am

Well done Christopher and congrats to Ara, I look forward to the next challenge.

2. March 5, 2014 at 6:13 am

Well done Ara. Thanks Christopher for facilitating. I shall wear the silver medal with pride, for my first ever photo comp. 🙂

3. March 5, 2014 at 7:40 am

Classic work, Arrers! As Christopher says, there is something about the English country churchyard that neber fails to inspire.

4. March 5, 2014 at 9:42 am

Thank you, Christopher! 🙂

And thank you chaps for your congratulations. Now the hard bit- I’ll set the next competition soonest. It’s miraculously not raining here today so I’m off out to make the most of it.

5. March 5, 2014 at 10:07 am

PS. Like the roll of honour on the tab. 🙂

6. March 5, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Well done Ara a worthy winner.

7. March 5, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Christopher – I’m sorry I wasn’t able to submit a photo of the school where I work. Just too busy on too many fronts but thanks for setting this one up and giving fine judgment.