Here we go again

matt leave cartoon

1. June 27, 2016 at 10:20 am

I predict:
    A bore draw with Iceland winning on penalties.
    Hodgson resigns.
    Brooligans arrested and charged with manic depression.
    The end of the world for British football.

Same old, same old…. 😎

2. June 27, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Your #2 and #4 were correct. 50%. Does that mean it needs to be done again?

Well played, the sons of sons.

3. June 27, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Aye weel, JW.

I always strive to be supportive of our fellow Home Nations.

It follows that I cheered England on from confident start to abysmal finish tonight.

You and I have had many black days of despair in our Jock-supporting history/

We have, in my opinion. never, ever,suffered anything as bad as the depths to which England managed to sink tonight.

I blame Jeremy Corbyn.

4. June 28, 2016 at 12:12 am

I remain…(wish there were a “More” button in comments) committed to England only when they take to the cricket field. For the queer-shaped ball game I don’t care a drop kick but when it comes to the beautiful game I, sadly fellow Charioteers, swing low sweetly to the other side.

Still think Holland will win it. Wait a minute…

5. June 28, 2016 at 5:28 am

Germany are still in it, in case anyone needs a new side to support.

June 28, 2016 at 6:31 am

Here’s a radical thought. Sack the team and keep the manager.

And as this is the Euro championships I also demand that the match be replayed as many times as necessary to obtain the correct result.

7. June 28, 2016 at 6:44 am

Let’s face it, Iceland didn’t play fair. They wouldn’t let us hold on to the ball near their goal, they kept running too fast for Rooney and to cap it all, put the ball where Hart couldn’t reach it, twice! Most of the -Sons also have the unfair advantage of not playing in the Prem. where such tactics aren’t allowed.

Christopher, as a semi-naturalised Brit, you should know that today is not the time for smart-ass remarks about Germany – or Wales – or any country remotely competent at the game. Grrrrrr!

8. June 28, 2016 at 9:14 am

A constipated performance from England, led by the stunted-brained Rooney and the stuffed-owl-brained Hodgson. Gareth Bale is right … England all hype.

June 28, 2016 at 1:22 pm

I promised that since Scotland was not involved in this football thing, I would support England. This is an official announcement that I have now transferred my support to Wales. Though really I have to concentrate fully on Andy at Wimbledon, where some of the English lads have “done good” so far.

10. June 28, 2016 at 2:51 pm

Janus: a fully naturalised Briton of my acquaintance has started supporting Belgium.

11. June 28, 2016 at 3:18 pm

A wise decision, if it’s footie we’re talking about! 😎

12. June 28, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Forever Wales, unless the miserable, fat Belgian bastards rob them.

In which happenstance, forza Azzuri.