Home > Bad Poetry, Buddy Holly, Competition, History > Your fave toons

Your fave toons

Not for the faint-hearted, the Grauniad reveals HM the Queen’s pop picks. Few surprises of course. And if One may do it, so may we, innit?

So I’ll start you off, just to cause a mild flutter of interest or disgust here.

Michelle, the Beatles, Rubber Soul.

Road to Hell, Chris Rhea.

Let’s dance, David Bowie.

…and almost every Buddy Holly and Billy Holliday number!

So now it’s your turn. Don’t be shy.

1. June 7, 2016 at 6:04 pm

The Headliner arrives at last. What kept you?

As you know I like the heavy stuff but my fave toons ever will always be anything by Queen, preferably from their first five albums.

A better blog (Your Fave Toons#2, perhaps) would be along the lines of guilty pleasures. The songs that you only play when you’re in yourself or via headphones.

2. June 7, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Ooh, JW! How naughty! 😋

June 7, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Nothing written after 1800!

4. June 8, 2016 at 6:33 am

I thought Delius might appeal to you, CO? 🎼

By the way, one of Her Maj’s choices is George Formby and his lamp post song. A bit cheeky, huh?

June 8, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Owning a ukulele ought to be a capital offence!

Best reason for a Republic I’ve heard actually! It appears she has very vulgar tastes, especially in television.

6. June 8, 2016 at 4:04 pm

That is lese majeste! 😱

June 8, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Christina, that reminds me – a Jockanese gets a job and moves to a flat/apartment in London, the great Metrollops. After a week, he rings home.

“Ay son, how’s it going?”, says his mother. (I can’t write in a Scots accent any more than I can speak in one.)

“Very well so far, mother, but my neighbours are a strange lot. The one next door keeps screaming late into the night and the one on the other side seems to be banging his head on the wall all the time.”

“Ay weeeell, they’re a funny lot down there. You just keep yourself to yourself, son.”

” I’m doing that, mother. I just stay in at nights and practice ma bagpipes.”

Hat, coat, taxi!