Home > Photography, Techo stuff > Just napping

Just napping

Boglette 11th April 2016

Please don’t wake my newest granddaughter who arrived on 11th April. She takes the count to double figures!

Categories: Photography, Techo stuff
    April 12, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Congrats to all concerned. The proud Dad will be winning The Masters next if Danny Willett’s performance is anything to go by.

2. April 12, 2016 at 3:29 pm

😎

3. April 12, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Tiende!

Best wishes to the family, Janus.

4. April 12, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Netop, det tiende!

Thanks, lads.

5. April 12, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Best wishes to all!

6. April 13, 2016 at 9:16 am

Congrats – she looks a sweetie.

7. April 13, 2016 at 9:41 am

I take it as a compliment that so many charioteers are napping too. 😎

April 13, 2016 at 11:22 am

I’d say congratulations Janus – but as far as I’m concerned the only person to be congratulated is the mother of the latest addition to your family… she did the hard work!

Nonetheless, it’s nice to know you are delighted!

9. April 13, 2016 at 5:47 pm

“she did the hard work”. Without wishing to cast nasturtiums, it may well have been the surgeon performing the C-section who did the hard work. It seems to be the trend these days. My dear old Mama gave birth to 12, all natural like. I and most of siblings were born at home. Women were tougher in those days, and so were men.

But I don’t mean to be mean. Best wishes to all interested parties.

10. April 13, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Congratulations Janus and family. She is gorgeous. 🙂

11. April 13, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Thanks, Boa and Arrers! Baby’s mum definitely did the work, whatever our well-meaning African observer may aver. Luckily none of my four daughters will be having twelve children, to prove their toughness or for any other reason.

April 14, 2016 at 12:18 pm

Sipu – women were not necessarily tougher in ‘those days’ (and, actually, neither were men). Different times, different customs and different ideas about child-birth. Good for your Mum, but don’t judge all women by her. Check out the death rate for both women and children in the past.

In the 1960s I spent five days in a hospital bed, doing absolutely nothing, after the birth of my daughters – and was discharged after 14 days. Probably (well definitely!) over-protection! In the 2000’s my granddaughter was pushed out of hospital a few days after having Caesareans – the second time nearly losing her life. While I am appalled at the speed with which she was discharged, I am very pleased that she was in hospital when she gave birth and not left to deliver at home.

April 14, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Janus, I wish you joy of your newest grandchild.

14. April 14, 2016 at 7:02 pm