The prime of life

Next month I’m due yet another birthday.

I’ve grown fond of 72, six dozen, two cubed times three cubed and the year when I was in the wild no man’s land of being 29.

But 73? Numerically boring, even repulsive. But, you say, I’ve clearly got too much time on my hands, if I even think about such trivia.

But anyway I’m planning to milk the max from my last 21 days (3 x 7) of 72. And happily it’s thawing too, so I can commune with nature again; with creatures who understand.

January 23, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Be very afraid of 73!
    Spousal unit has just hit and it doesn’t get any better!
    Be careful of going to commune with nature it may just be tottering on your zimmer frame. One wonders whether one can buy them by the gross?
    And don’t tempt the fates by saying you don’t need one …….yet.
    How jolly!

2. January 23, 2016 at 6:34 pm

CO, you are such a comfort. Thank you. 😡

January 23, 2016 at 7:11 pm

thought I might be, mwah mwah!

4. January 23, 2016 at 7:35 pm

One of our best friends has reached 86 and is still as happy and cheerful as ever. You sound as though you could fit into her company…keep going Janus, we need your words on here.

5. January 24, 2016 at 6:58 am

Janus: try to be optimistic, mate! You’ve survived everything so far, what’s another year?

6. January 24, 2016 at 7:25 am

C, even Backside remains optimistic, but maybe my ambitions are a bit limited these days.

7. January 24, 2016 at 8:29 pm

Janus, I like your style! My advice is to stick on 72 till you get to 76 ( sod the maths but it is a nice even number and goes with trombones) Alternatively when you hit 76 you could say you were 75 and a bit of a diamond. It is diamond innit? My years kind of go up in auction increases 40, 42, 45 48 and 50. But once past 60 I never liked odd numbers and I fully agree with you that 72 has brilliant corners, cube-wise anyway. I’ve just turned 69 and would much rather be 70 or 72 for another 8 years! I aim to be at my peak (piano-wise) at 72!

8. January 25, 2016 at 1:48 am

Janus
    73 is a fine number
    73 is the 21st prime
    21 is 7×3
    The mirror of 73 is 37 the 12th prime
    12 is the mirror of 21
    In binary 73 is 1001001 a palindrome
    Prime time

9. January 25, 2016 at 3:26 am

LW – Prime time indeed!

January 25, 2016 at 7:10 am

LW wondering how you survived the blizzard. Good to know you are Ok and presumably still have electricity!

11. January 25, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Janus, I have two more days after today, with a fivein my age. On Thursday I hit the big 60 and become officialy old. Gllom and Doom 😦

12. January 25, 2016 at 2:43 pm

Mrs O. In Florida moving up from the Keys via Miami to Orlando today.
    Will try to get back to Md. Tomorrow. Travelling by car this time. Boat firmly frozen
    To the home dock. No news of power situation. Two feet of snow
    and much drifting reported. May stay longer. This message via Android.

13. January 25, 2016 at 2:52 pm

Gaz, 60? Just a kid! Go out and play and leave the important stuff to the grownups. 😃

January 25, 2016 at 5:38 pm

LW I certainly would delay my return if you don’t have to and the property is safe to leave!!

15. January 25, 2016 at 6:29 pm

Janus: many thanks for the kid. I need such remarks at the moment. It is so long since a woman said “young man” to me.

16. January 25, 2016 at 6:46 pm