Home > General > O wad some power the giftie gi’e us …

O wad some power the giftie gi’e us …

Anything to convince himself that he’s still important.  I hope you enjoy this, Christopher.

Next thing we know Salmond will  employ someone to throw a rotten haggis at him.  I suppose he expected everyone to know who he is and bow down accordingly. Now Alex, repeat after me “Sic transit gloria mundi” and then go and find someone to explain it to you.

1. October 4, 2015 at 5:39 pm

“Sic transit gloria mundi” is apt, yes. Thank you for this, Sheona, I had a good chuckle! In tribute to my favourite of Shakespeare’s characters, Fluellen, I would happily volunteer myself to beat Alex Salmond (whom I blame for all the world’s ills and the wretched air quality in China especially at the moment) with a rotten haggis.

2. October 4, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Isn’t that a waste of a good rotten haggis? Not much news of revolting SNP MPs these days. Is that because their kilts are shrinking or wha’?

3. October 4, 2015 at 6:02 pm

Janus: parodies by design have a short sell-by date.

4. October 4, 2015 at 8:41 pm

It’s good to see that people still read The Telegraph. Apparently the favoured alias (61%) is Obi Wan Kenobi. That’s nice.

October 4, 2015 at 10:51 pm

Janus, there might be e reason for SNP silence just now, other than kilt emergencies.

True Blue, it’s good to see you again.

October 4, 2015 at 10:55 pm

As my dear old boss used to say, “Delusions of adequacy”.

7. October 5, 2015 at 12:25 am

Sheona. Thank you. Actually I would welcome the opportunity to submit the odd innocuous and non-controversial post from time to time, but it seems that I am not currently allowed to.

8. October 5, 2015 at 7:42 am

TB, I’m sure the antipodean management will be happy to award you the power to post! Consider your application complete! ☺️

9. October 5, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Janus

Alas, I cannot.

10. October 5, 2015 at 3:14 pm

Hold your horses, TB! They’ll respond before you know it!