Home > General > A slap in the face for a Sturgeon

A slap in the face for a Sturgeon

All together now, with JM leading the chorus – “I blame Alex Salmond.”

1. August 21, 2015 at 6:24 pm

Downing St refrained from comment but raucous laughter could be heard in the background.

2. August 22, 2015 at 2:47 am

Ahem, ahem. If I may, I was the one who first said “I blame Alex Salmond”.
    I will also, for posterity, refer to Sturgeon as la Femme Sleekita.

3. August 22, 2015 at 7:04 am

Hollie Grief, now this. Whatever is Scotland up to?

4. August 22, 2015 at 7:05 am

Grieg grrrrr

5. August 22, 2015 at 7:56 am

I’m hoping it’s the beginning of the end for the Scottish Nazi Party, Gazoopi.

6. August 22, 2015 at 8:05 am

I wouldn’t get too exited about this. In the scheme of things £45m isn’t a great deal of money.. It’s more likely an accounting error or inadvertent infringement of the EU’s (no doubt) labyrinthine regulatory procedures.

Not that I hold any torch for the SNP.

August 22, 2015 at 10:15 am

The sum involved is not great, jazz, but this puts Scotland in some very dodgy company – Bulgaria and Calabria. Not something Sturgeon will enjoy reading.

Christopher, I apologise. You conduct the chorus.

8. August 22, 2015 at 10:29 am

Sheona: everyone, repeat after me: “I blame Alex Salmond”. Have you stubbed your toe? “I blame Alex Salmond”. Did you eat bad Chinese food? “I blame Alex Salmond”.

9. August 22, 2015 at 10:47 am

I’m shocked that the EU beancounters akshully found a transgression. When were the accounts for the whole shebang ever signed off as kosher?

10. August 22, 2015 at 12:33 pm

janus

As far as I know, never.

12. Four-eyed English Genius
    August 22, 2015 at 6:18 pm

I, too, was going to remark that, mush as I like to see Little Miss Weasel getting a good slap, it is a bit rich for the EU to complain about fraudulent or incompetent accountancy

13. Four-eyed English Genius
    August 22, 2015 at 6:24 pm

That would be MUCH as opposed to MUSH, oh, I don’t know though!

14. August 23, 2015 at 4:49 pm

The question is: will she find somebody to blame for reducing ‘her’ oil revenues by 75%?

Can’t wait to see het next financial plan!

August 24, 2015 at 10:00 am

At the moment, Janus, the Sturgeon is concentrating on “education, education, education” and will be judged, she says, by her success in narrowing or even getting rid of the gap between the best and the worst schools. There are of course two w

August 24, 2015 at 10:01 am

Apologies! There are of course two ways of doing this. Anyone want to have a wild guess at which one she’ll choose?

17. August 24, 2015 at 10:17 am

Well, Sheona! Since today is a day for wild things, I guess she’ll go for the easier option and then blame almost everybody.