Home > General > A new career.

A new career.

Should my paperwork from China not arrive prior to my departure date, I have found another possible career: a diver for the Philippines. After reviewing the following video, I concluded that I would be at least as talented!

1. June 13, 2015 at 6:18 am

The back flip must have hurt his flipping back.

2. June 13, 2015 at 6:43 am

I’m not sure either one came out of the experience feeling especially dignified! Having been tossed off a high-board once, it’s remarkable that they were able to move so quickly.

3. June 13, 2015 at 1:14 pm

By the look of their clenched teeth one might think they were constipated. Anyway, the dives made for a good splash.

4. June 13, 2015 at 9:09 pm

I wouldn’t give up on Dorset just yet, Christopher.

The alternative lacks appeal as a career choice, but you couldn’t possibly be worse than this poor chap.

5. June 13, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Araminta: I do hope to find a Dorset job over the course of the next year. I am presently driven to moderate disquiet by the pace of document-delivery. I need two letters from China to obtain relevant working visa. Both, sadly, are currently sitting on a desk in Liaoning Province. With under 2 weeks to go before my departure to deepest, darkest Scotland things are growing slightly tense.

As for diving, no, I have dived as least as well as the two — if not better. I would look much worse in Speedos, though.

6. June 14, 2015 at 7:06 am

You are a man if many parts, C – if not in Speedos!

June 14, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Well you know my views on the China front! any job, anywhere preferable!

8. June 14, 2015 at 5:56 pm

CO: oh, I understand your view on it. It was a typical Chinese stitch-up that, despite the inevitable bureaucratic annoyances, is heavily beneficial to me. Since I do not have anything else lined-up at the moment, save my part-time college job, I really can’t think of why not to go.

9. June 15, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Let’s hope the letters arrive, Christopher but I can see why you are concerned.

10. June 15, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Just wondering, C: do you need a work permit in Dorset?

11. June 16, 2015 at 6:03 am

Minty: let’s keep our fingers crossed. The visa service centre in San Francisco have been stars, but even they can’t make things appear out of thin air.

Janus: no, Germany was one of the first countries to have freedom of movement with the UK.