Home > Competition, Creativity, Photography > March Picture Challenge – FOOD.

March Picture Challenge – FOOD.

It was going to be Spring but there is no sign of that around here, not much food for the wildlife either after a long hard Winter.  Even a dead catfish washed up by the ice eater looks pretty good to the hungry.e4s
But approach with caution, it could be a trick…

Closing March 31, 2015 somewhere about 36 N 75 W.

1. March 7, 2015 at 8:42 pm

Somewhat smaller bird – a sparrow hawk, prepares pigeon lunch.

2. Four-eyed English Genius
    March 8, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Oh bother. We had a rather exotic supper last night of kangaroo steaks with dauphinoise potatoes and cavolo nero with a nice Chilean red. That would have made a good picture but it disappeared in short order. Have to look elsewhere now! 🙂

3. March 8, 2015 at 3:27 pm

Me too, FEEG! I crawled 2 km through the woods, bagged my venison, skinned and gutted it, fell asleep – and it was stolen before I woke up! Darn it! 😁

4. March 13, 2015 at 2:34 pm
  5. March 13, 2015 at 8:58 pm

FEEG and Janus.

I went through a very trying phase when I first started blogging and insisted on photographing meals before they were eaten. Family and friends objected, quite rightly, and so I stopped it!

March 15, 2015 at 8:08 pm

This may not work as an image post and you’ve seen it before five years ago anyway but it’s the best I can do in the circumstances.

It was in the early stages of making brawn which is my kind of food once I’d eaten the rest of the hog.

7. March 16, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Gross! 😷

March 17, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Yes, it was quite a big beast. Took some bringing down I can tell you.