Home > Humour > Seen in the pub tonight

Seen in the pub tonight

Made me smile.

Categories: Humour
  1. September 25, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Heh, heh – the way we were, eh?

September 25, 2014 at 11:22 pm

No! The way some of us still are!
    I have known condescending comments, generally made by English visitors, that Wales is so behind the times, at least 40 years out of date.etc etc.
    Needless to say the rejoinder is a tart “Thank God for that and when are you leaving, don’t hurry back!”
    There is no WiFi in the pub I use, none in the village of any consequence, you generally have to drive to the top of the nearest hill to get a signal. Hence the pub is brilliant, everyone talks to everyone else not just their table, anyone with a good tale has the undivided attention of the whole place and I’d give my eye teeth to be back there with real people and no stupid electronics to spoil the entertainment value..
    Everybody still has a landline and uses it, funny how they are all still in business and not hurting one bit.
    And don’t have wankers cramp in their thumbs!

3. Soutie
    September 26, 2014 at 6:08 am

Morning all.

I thought that my pic might bring a few smiles.

There’s no ‘free’ WiFi down here, people I know only take their phones out of their pockets to make a phone call.

Network coverage is however 1st class, so if you wanna mess about on your phone, pay for it.

September 26, 2014 at 1:16 pm

20th century sentiments with 21st century spelling and grammar. An interesting combination.

5. Soutie
    September 26, 2014 at 6:37 pm

Hozit Oz, quaint eh?

September 26, 2014 at 7:08 pm

G’day Soutie. Writing as one who still punctuates his txt msgs, ‘quaint’ is not a word that immediately springs to mind. I fear the next dark age is already upon us.

7. September 26, 2014 at 7:15 pm