Dear Christopher

There’s bit of a vacuum here in your absence.

Please tick or cross as appropriate. Are you

• busy with another degree/country/blog?
  • out of wifi range?
  • out of sorts?
  • in Dorset?
  • summat else? (please specify)
  1. June 29, 2017 at 10:03 am

On the beach

2. June 29, 2017 at 11:06 am

Down the pub

3. June 29, 2017 at 11:08 am

Still on the beach

4. June 29, 2017 at 12:09 pm

🙂

5. June 29, 2017 at 6:42 pm

But here’s something to coax him back: neckties are no longer mandatory for male MPs! Shock horror! It is the top of a slippery slope towards the Danish model: members turning up in T-shirts and shorts.

6. June 29, 2017 at 9:20 pm

I will boycott Parliament until I can come dressed as Dame Edna.

7. June 30, 2017 at 6:19 am

You’re back ….. and front, I trust. 🙂

Ref. Dame Edna – the trans-transition will soon arrive in the House, I’m sure.

8. June 30, 2017 at 8:49 am

As for explanations… My absence had nothing to do with beaches, holidays, Asia or anything of the sort. This summer I have taken on five courses in order to help fund my move to Dorset. I haven’t had much desire to read or write any more than is necessary for work. That, and I concluded that I had probably annoyed a few of my fellow Charioteers and that it wouldn’t hurt to let the dust settle a bit.

9. June 30, 2017 at 10:03 am

CT, life does seem to get in the way of charioteering, innit?

10. June 30, 2017 at 11:49 am

Life really is unceasing. One manages to get everything sorted out until it isn’t sorted out any more. Boffer, bugger, gads, etc.

11. June 30, 2017 at 11:53 am

One door closes, another traps your fingers, yes. But philosopher that you are, you will seize the day, climb back into your wine-jar and tell Alexander to stop blocking the sunlight.

12. June 30, 2017 at 1:01 pm

Well and truly, Janus. After I get through a few more discussion posts and edit another lecture I’ll what I can come up with. At the moment I’m reading Barry Humphries’ “My Life as Me” and that’s giving me some inspiration.