Home > Chips on Shoulders, Politics, The Dark Side > And there’s more……..

And there’s more……..

Not recommended for those of a sensitive disposition…………

lord-mandelson-766671

Guess why they really really want Brexit to flounder in the Lords. Yes, it’s their personal fortunes, as it always was.

1. February 19, 2017 at 10:09 am

This post gave me the vapours. I must rest.

2. February 20, 2017 at 10:14 am

How oleaginous these out-dated Bremainers still are! Kinnock personifies political misjudgement and Mandelson is about as socialist as the Emperor Nero.

3. February 20, 2017 at 12:41 pm

It feels like a time warp, doesn’t it?

4. February 20, 2017 at 1:52 pm

I think that EU pensions payments are liable to forfeiture if the recipient ever criticises the EU

5. February 20, 2017 at 2:00 pm

That’s a thought!

6. February 20, 2017 at 3:24 pm

I can back James’ comment. I’ve been asked to apply to work for the EU only to be told not to bother because I had the wrong “mentality”. That is, I’m perfectly happy being a semi-civilised, Anglicised Hun and see no need to be a “good European”.

7. February 20, 2017 at 3:53 pm

That’s what makes Britain GREAT, CT! (Don’t tell Jazz.)

8. February 20, 2017 at 4:29 pm

Janus: I’ve been to many countries. The United Kingdom is among the best. Is it free of its failures, foibles, short-comings, disasters and nightmarish aspects? Certainly not. It’s a deeply flawed country populated by a people just as deeply flawed as any other. On balance, Britain does far better than most.

9. February 20, 2017 at 5:58 pm

Deeply flawed? How very dare you? 😉

10. February 20, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Janus: You, of course, are not deeply flawed.

11. February 20, 2017 at 6:44 pm

That rather depends on your source!! Remember: one man’s flaw is another man’s whatsit.

12. February 20, 2017 at 7:38 pm

I’ll defer to Backside and blame Alex Salmond.

13. February 23, 2017 at 8:31 am

Janus That’s what makes Britain GREAT, CT! (Don’t tell Jazz.)
    In the days when we built 90% of the world’s ships, were leaders in nuclear technology, jet engines, textiles, chemicals ……… Yes we were great. Now ?? Not so much. We gave it all away, or rather the overeducated liberal numpties that rule us did.
    However if Janus and co want to keep their heads in the sand what do I care.

14. February 23, 2017 at 9:02 am

Ah well! Greatness is achieved by less tangible qualities too – and undereducated types will never understand. 🙂

15. February 23, 2017 at 9:07 am

Junus, I maybe uneducated by your standards but I’m not stupid. I love my country but I’m not blind to her faults.
    Just as well we live far apart otherwise I might be tempted to pop round for a cup of tea.

16. February 23, 2017 at 9:24 am

There you go again! I may be overeducated by your standards but I’m not stupid. I love my country but I’m not blind to her faults. Some of my best friends who come to tea may share your opinions. 🙂

17. February 23, 2017 at 10:37 am

We’ve only got your word for that.

18. February 23, 2017 at 11:48 am