Spoonerism, anyone?

The only examples we see tend to be vulgar or worse. The Rev himself however is quoted as uttering amusing confusions which did not depend on smut.

So do you know any new ones?

Coincidentally I saw  a real, live footie player today who rejoices in the name of Connor Wickham. So? you ask. Well, when spoonerised he is (yes) Wonnor Cickham! How appropriate, eh? OR he’s a NY chef with limited skills: Cinnor Wockham. Sorry.

So now it’s your turn. People are the best subjects. Laters…..

1. November 5, 2016 at 6:55 pm

Runny Babbit: A Billy Sook. Apparently the title is that of a spook of boonerisms for children.

I think it’s quite old though.

2. November 5, 2016 at 7:45 pm

This is all a bit dangerous for me, although I am prone to shifting the third tone in Chinese to the fourth resulting in my saying “fornication pillow” instead of “grass pillow”, save in less polite terms.

3. November 6, 2016 at 7:17 am

I bet some Chinese names offer great Spoonerish opportunities! Come on!

4. November 6, 2016 at 8:48 am

Arrers, on the subject of animals, the tennis champ Pat Cash conceals a love of moggies. 😀

5. November 6, 2016 at 10:13 am

Janus: I once accidentally called a lad named “Yifen” “one c**t” because I mangled the tone on the second word. Or another lad I know has a name which means “Let Me Spread My Wings and Fly”, but I called him “one small” as a matter of course.

6. Four-eyed English Genius
    November 6, 2016 at 11:54 am

I like a nice fruit tart.

7. November 6, 2016 at 3:18 pm