Home > General > Chacun a son goût

Chacun a son goût

I have been wondering for some time why this silly woman had her bottom enlarged to such a ludicrous extent.  Now I know.

Most people would just go out and buy a new occasional table.

1. November 13, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Yes, quite. This has provoked quite a scandal in the United States, apparently. This series of photographs was originally taken some two decades ago featuring his then-girlfriend, a woman from former French Africa. Some have argued that his is a “racist” concept which first manifested itself with Sarah Barthman, a Khoikhoi woman who lived roughly in the last decades of the 18th century to 1810 and was called the “Hottentot Venus”. Personally, I think that gives Kim Kardashian and the rubbish photographer too much credit — and discussion.

2. November 13, 2014 at 3:30 pm

The bustle, which Victorians sported, was probably designed to avoid a lady’s true contours being revealed. Think frills for table legs. This modern fad for big booties is quite the reverse. More is more apparently. 😟

November 13, 2014 at 7:35 pm

I’ve just typed a long reply to this and the machine has screwed it up. I surrender!

4. November 13, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Aha, a Basil Fawlty moment. Borrow my T-shirt? 😉

November 13, 2014 at 10:06 pm

Christina, I’m sorry that your response got chewed up, but perhaps it’s lurking somewhere in the ether and will return to your screen. If so, I look forward to reading it.

6. November 14, 2014 at 7:27 am

Let’s bottom this, eh? 😡

7. November 14, 2014 at 8:31 am

I guess that when she asks “Does my bum look big in this?” she wants a different answer to most women.

🙂

November 15, 2014 at 7:22 pm

What I was going to say was that this extraordinary perversion should be returned to the novelty brothel from whence it came!
    Also interesting that this is a black genetic trait that appears to have slipped in to a family that purport to come from the middle east! A likely story!
    Dreadful scum, I really can’t understand why she is given so much space in the newspapers.

9. November 15, 2014 at 8:16 pm

The depth of vulgarity they attain cannot be overestimated.

November 15, 2014 at 8:49 pm

No, one begins to think one has outlived one’s time!
    The ‘thank God I’m old’ syndrome.

November 15, 2014 at 11:37 pm

I knew I’d enjoy reading it, Christina. As you say, the large rear does seem to appeal to the females of Afro-Caribbean origin and I assumed the Kardashian woman, although with an Armenian sounding name, had some of that strain.