Home > General > A reminder for Bravo, Sheona and Boadicea.

A reminder for Bravo, Sheona and Boadicea.

Good morning,
I just wanted to verify if our
planned gathering on Wednesday at London City Airport
scheduled for roughly 10:45-11:00 is still set.

1. November 2, 2014 at 2:13 pm

I might have to take a rain check, Christopher, dammit – my ex is over from Cyprus planning to do wedding stuff with my daughter, but she was taken ill yesterday and is in St Mary’s hospital. She seems well enough no, but the medics are doing all sorts of tests – nothing to do with ebola – and we are nit sure whether they’ll let her out tomorrow or not. My own plans are, therefore, in suspension at the moment until we find out what’s going on with her. Women, eh?

2. November 2, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Okay, please let me know by Wednesday morning. Best health to her.

November 3, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Sorry, Christopher, I forgot to ringfence Wednesday 5th in my diary and now have a medical appointment at 10.20. I hope we can manage another date. Entirely my fault. I expect Bravo would say “Women, eh?”

4. November 3, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Sheona and Bravo: I will be in London again from the 10th to the 12th. Perhaps we can re-schedule for the afternoon of the 10th or some time on the 11th?

5. November 4, 2014 at 12:00 am

That would work for me, Christopher. I can do either of those two.

6. November 4, 2014 at 7:36 am

Okay. Furry ’nuff as our great Ferret would say. Since you recommended it, would you be interested in accompanying me to the Tower of London? Sheona?

November 4, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Yes, I would like to see the poppies at the Tower of London, Christopher. It would be very busy according to reports. Lots of people want to visit and it will probably be particularly busy next week especially on 11th.

8. November 4, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Should we then attempt to meet on the 10th for the Tower, Sheona and Bravo?

9. November 4, 2014 at 8:53 pm

We could give it a go 🙂 Might get some interesting pictures…

10. November 4, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Okay. If Sheona agrees, I can quickly leave up my mobile telephone number and try to be in contact that way.

November 4, 2014 at 10:31 pm

10th is fine with me. What time are you thinking of?

12. November 5, 2014 at 8:56 am

We could try to meet at about 3:00 in the afternoon?

November 5, 2014 at 9:43 am

A bit late for photographs, Christopher. Morning would be better if poss.

14. November 5, 2014 at 9:51 pm

I will not leave Bath until about 11:30.

November 5, 2014 at 10:31 pm

Perhaps better to go for 11th then. What say you, Bravo?

16. November 6, 2014 at 6:58 am

Yes, the 11th might be better.

17. November 6, 2014 at 7:39 am

I’m OK for the 11th 🙂

18. November 6, 2014 at 8:04 am

Should we say, 10 AM on the 11th?

November 6, 2014 at 10:08 am

Where would we meet up?

20. November 6, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Sheona and Bravo: would before the entrance of Tower Hill tube station be acceptable?

November 7, 2014 at 9:48 am

I could make it there by 10.45, Christopher. There will be masses of people there, but only one with a large piece of paper with Sheona on it.

22. November 7, 2014 at 6:38 pm

That would perhaps be better — I am not a morning person.

23. November 7, 2014 at 10:13 pm

10.45 would be fine for me 🙂

24. November 8, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Brilliant. Until then!

November 8, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Please give my regards to fellow Charioteers. Sorry I can’t be with you.

26. November 11, 2014 at 4:11 pm

So pls spill! Did you meet up? Who showed? Did you get any shocks? 😕

November 11, 2014 at 5:29 pm

Give me a chance to drink a cup of tea, Janus! Just back from meeting up with Christopher. Husband accompanied me, to protect me against any who might seek to take advantage of a lone female clutching a sheet of paper with Sheona written in red crayon. I certainly got lots of smiles.

We had a very pleasant day with Christopher, viewing the absolutely amazing poppy display, to which the last flower had just been added and drinking coffee with a view of poppies on one side and HMS Belfast on the other. Then we walked across Tower Bridge for a pub lunch on the South Bank, before crossing the river again on London Bridge to accompany Christopher to the Bank of England museum. No shocks at all, except learning how political correctness has run wild in Germany and how the infrastructure is suffering from austerity. Christopher is a delightful companion and conversation flowed easily. He passed on your good wishes, Araminta, and told us what a good bloke OZ is.

I’m a bit worried that Bravo’s no-show – we did wait for half an hour – means that his ex is still ill.

28. November 11, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Thanks, Sheona. It must have been memorable.

29. November 11, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Hi Sheona.

Sounds like a good day. Yes, Christopher is very good company and we had a very pleasant lunch and an interesting time in Wimborne. Pity Bravo couldn’t make it though: I hope is ex is on the road to recovery.

November 11, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Thank you for your good wishes, Araminta.

31. November 11, 2014 at 7:42 pm

No problem, Sheona. I’m pleased you were able to meet up with Christopher, and had an enjoyable day. I’d love to have joined you but it’s not so easy for me to get up to London from Dorset. It was much easier from Henley, only thirty minutes from Reading to Paddington.

32. November 11, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Janus: I had the pleasure of meeting ColinB as well as Sheona. Both are most gracious companions and the hours flew by quickly. I hope that this isn’t our last meeting. Soon, you will be treated to one of my infamous travel accounts written with a special fondness.

33. November 12, 2014 at 1:57 am

Thanks, C.

34. November 12, 2014 at 7:20 am

There’s a heckuva lot going on in continental Europe right now, Germany especially, that has not reached the UK media (or if it has, Sheona and I have missed it). Ask the highly observant and erudite Christopher for details, and be prepared for a shock. Talk about PC on stilts.

I slipped in a small sample of yesterday’s pix to breakup the solid screed on (beware incoming) my latest science buzz posting (the Turin Shroud as a simulated sweat imprint).

Kind regards