Home > Australiana, Politics, Sport, Techo stuff > For Boa and Bearsy

For Boa and Bearsy

How’s 2016 been for you so far!

Festive? Somnolent? Forgettable?

In about 3 hours HM the Queen of DK will give Her People Her annual address, doing Her best to avoid upsetting anybody, especially Her Consort (who still wants to be King) and Her Tasmanian daughter in law (who will probably be Queen one day).

So all the best, Down Under!

December 31, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Saw the video links to Sydney Harbour on the Auntie Beeb a couple of hours ago. Made me hanker for Brisbane again. Sigh!

All the best for 2016 to B&B and all cherished colleagues.

2. December 31, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Happy new year OZ. Et al!

December 31, 2015 at 6:48 pm

I think I caught the plague in Canada! Dying in bed with raving temp etc. Thank God I am not supposed to be doing anything tonight. I hate new year, against my religion or something! (I shall invent later!)
    Best wishes to all that insist on a ‘happy’ new year, deluded if you ask me. Personally I can only wish for one as reasonably tolerable as the last.
    Why on earth will people try to kiss you at new year’s parties? Disgusting drunken slobbering kisses loaded with loathsome germs and AIDS if you are dead lucky, yukK!

I have decided happy new year gives one curled toenails!

December 31, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Another thought. At the age most of us are round here we shall be bloody lucky to even survive 2016.
    Says she examining her twig where it adjoins the branch!
    Looking a bit battered.

5. December 31, 2015 at 7:58 pm

Chrisina, we love you. Thank you for that sweet assessment of life on this shaky coil! 😃

January 1, 2016 at 9:57 am

Soooo! Am I the first Charioteer up and about this grey and wet morning?

January 1, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Nope.
    Having got this wretched Canadian plague I was in bed by ten o’clock after one glass of wine. no dinner at all and was reduced to green tea. Horrors! Just nothing was going down well at all! Woke up at three am.
    I am afraid I totally missed NYE.
    Please note my toenails are suitably uncurled.

8. January 1, 2016 at 3:17 pm

OZ, I was in bed before the distant boom of fireworks and up with the lazy sun. 😊

January 1, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Well I was up, OZ, just not functioning on all cylinders, to go by the time of your comment.

Hope you recover soon, Christina.

10. January 1, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Sorry for my absence, dahlinks! I’ve been busy preparing pork roasts and am currently baking a Pavlova. Happy New Year, mates!

Tina: it’s probably a South-East Asian or South Asian strain. I’ve had my share of those from the times I’ve flown the “Passage to India” route across the Pacific alighting in Seoul or Hong Kong.

January 1, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Your probably right Christopher seeing there are more chinks in Vancouver these days than whites.
    I swear one needs a bio hazard suit to go up there!

January 2, 2016 at 9:53 am

Happy New Year everyone – and many thanks for your continued support 🙂

January 2, 2016 at 11:40 am

Thanks to you and Bearsy, Boadicea, for continuing to provide a site. And a Happy New Year to all Charioteers.

14. January 2, 2016 at 2:14 pm

christinaosborne .”….Your probably right….”

Your definitely under the weather Christina.