Home > General > The General Election

The General Election

Well there is no one for me to vote for.

UKIP as far as I know don’t have a candidate in this constituency. In any case the Tories could get a donkey elected here which is more or less what they have done, the present incumbent is a Central office stooge who doesn’t seem to be do much but transmit constant virtue signals on Twitter.

Nevertheless Mrs J and I will wander down to the polling station at the Village Hall about a five minute walk, say hello to a couple of folk, I’ll probably write something rude on the ballot paper, then off to Waitrose in Wallingford or Thame for some shopping and a cup of coffee.

I believe that it is always important to get your priorities right.

1. April 30, 2017 at 11:48 am

Jazz, forget UKIP. They have a dickhead as a leader and are no longer relevant. Theresa needs a big mandate. Let’s get behind her.

2. April 30, 2017 at 12:08 pm

What’s not to vote for with Ms May? She is all about telling the EU what’s what. A spoiled ballot is OK but a wasted opportunity this time, imho.

3. April 30, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Every vote for Theresa May is equivalent to spitting in Gina Miller’s face.

April 30, 2017 at 12:41 pm

Jazz, I sympathise with you, but have to concur with the previous three commentators. So far, May has said ‘Brexit means Brexit’ and that’s what you should vote for… and give her the biggest mandate ever to deliver just that. The more votes, the merrier, and God help her and the Tory Party if they don’t deliver…

You might like to tell your ‘donkey’ MP that you are only voting for him because you expect him to vote for “No Deal is better than a Bad Deal” – and get others, like you, to do the same.

5. April 30, 2017 at 12:47 pm

And Jazz, imagine if your if your choice was Merkel or Schulz.

6. Four-eyed English Genius
    April 30, 2017 at 1:45 pm

If Maggie May does not deliver, she will be finished. I can see no alternative to her at the moment, but it will be back to UKIP if she does fail. I will still be voting UKIP in the local elections next week as the local Tory county council is a bit useless and pays the Local Government Executives FAR TOO MUCH for the useless job that they do.

April 30, 2017 at 5:23 pm

I must admit I have a problem voting for party stooges too.
    Generally I used to write extremely rude remarks on the ballot paper or vote for the monster raving loony party or equivalent, ie Plaid Cymru!
    I disapprove strongly of the practice of shoehorning in non local candidates by central office. The local party should be able to choose whomsoever they wish to represent THEIR local interests not arse lickers of Westminster. Smacks of 18th century political machinations and corruption to me.

8. April 30, 2017 at 5:32 pm

If there is a UKIP candidate I will vote for them particularly in the council elections in order to keep the bloody LibDims out.

9. May 1, 2017 at 12:41 am

God how I detest the LibDims ! We got a leaflet from them this afternoon. It’s actually in faux newspaper format and is entitled ‘Focus’ follows the usual pattern of taking credit for all that has gone well and blaming the other parties for all that hasn’t regardless of whether the LibDems had anything to do with either.

10. May 1, 2017 at 6:31 am

I foresee a Bliar/LimpDim tie-up soon – both suffering from the Millwall syndrome, ‘everybody hates us, we don’t care’. It’s a powerful platform! 🙂

11. May 1, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Well it might work ok for football hooliganism. Note sure how it’ll play politics wise.

12. May 1, 2017 at 2:31 pm