Home > General > The Crown – Netflix

The Crown – Netflix

When season one of the crown became available on Netflix I resisted watching as I was certain that it would be a load of rubbish. Well guess what ? It isn’t. it’s pretty good and has made me view the monarchy and the Queen in a  different light.

The series by itself didn’t achieve this but it prompted a lot of googling and I discovered a lot of things that I hadn’t realised before ( BTW I am humble enough to know that I’m not the most knowledgeable of men….but I am prepared to learn ).

Anyway if any of you have Netflix I recommend ‘The Crown Season One’. If you haven’t got Netflix get it, it’s only £6-00 per month and worth every penny.

1. December 18, 2016 at 1:41 pm

The royal reality show is quite enough, thank you.

2. December 18, 2016 at 5:30 pm

That’s the sort of closed mind comment I’d expect from you.

December 18, 2016 at 6:21 pm

We are incredibly fortunate here, the library lends videos free, if they do not have a request dvd in their system they merely buy it on amazon for you! So I shall wait until it is available. This is all funded by a special levy on the rates dedicated to the County library system about 5 years ago. Needless to say it was put to a public plebiscite to be passed, about $10 per household/annum. Worth every penny.

I think it a great shame that in the UK the people are unable to choose what they will or will not support by levy for themselves. Bloody town councils cutting services left right and centre, disgusting in my opinion. Here the councils do not get to dip in the pot of revenues, far more of them are dedicated to specific purposes as voted by the people. County road fund , another example, no pot holes here! No jollies for the parasites out of the general fund round here, their feet wouldn’t touch the ground on the way out the door.
    About time the British people took back their town halls and voted them all out of office in a concerted way.

4. December 18, 2016 at 7:16 pm

I’m just thankful that we’ve got Netflix, Amazon and Google. BBC and ITV output is pitiful it puts the country to shame. It isn’t as if we don’t have good writers, actors and directors; we do but the jobsworths in charge won’t let them do anything worthwhile.

I guess it’s the same in a lot of other industries.

5. December 18, 2016 at 7:38 pm

No stopping you, is there?

December 18, 2016 at 9:28 pm

I get utterly fed up with the token minorities being inserted into dramas in the UK. i don’t know if you have ever seen the Welsh police drama Hinterland. All shot in Aberystwyth, up to Borth and the Dyfi estuary and a bit of Northern Ceridigion. They even managed to get the odd black and paki into that!!!
    Aber is the most elitist Welsh speaking place ever! Huge nationalist Plaid vote. There is no way they would employ a white English man as a DI! Let alone the other ‘minorities’, forget it. I only ever go there with my Welsh speaking friends and keep my mouth shut!! It makes a farce of the whole concept of any effort at realism.
    Like having the KKK lynching ‘po’ white trash”! There are certain areas the BBC shies from like its catching.
    Seen any good series about honour killings lately?

December 20, 2016 at 9:48 am

My daughter has been watching this program. She has thoroughly enjoyed it so far.