Home > General > That was some night.

That was some night.

count

Well that was some night. Mrs J and I were  counting agents at the White Horse Leisure Centre in Abingdon for The Vale of White Horse and South Oxfordshire count. We arrived at 10 pm not really expecting to win and walked out into the daylight at 5 am hardly believing what had just happened.

1. June 24, 2016 at 6:47 am

Nice one Jazz

2. June 24, 2016 at 6:49 am
  3. June 24, 2016 at 7:37 am

Good job, Jazz! 😎

June 24, 2016 at 8:47 am

I watched it through your night – I also couldn’t quite believe it. The figures just kept climbing.

Well done Jazz and Mrs Jazz. Thank you for making me proud to be English again.

June 24, 2016 at 9:57 am

A great reward for all your hard work, Jazz. My congratulations to you and Mrs J.

6. June 24, 2016 at 10:38 am

I can’t take much credit, for instance there was an old chap at the count, who on Wednesday had walked nineteen miles leafleting.

Anyway Cameron says he’ll stay until October, I think he should go a lot sooner. Boris is the only Tory that can lead the party and at the same time get some of the decent Labour MPs onside.

7. June 24, 2016 at 10:53 am

As a long-term supporter of Brexit I am more than slightly chuffed at the results. At the same time, putting up with the hysterical rantings of Americans I have had to work with in Spain makes me wish that that country simply didn’t issue passports.

June 24, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Don’t minimise your efforts Jazz – it’s people like you, Mrs Jazz and the old chap who have made this happen.

From what I have read, it may be that your efforts have lit a beacon that will encourage others in Europe to free themselves from EU tyranny and reduce the risk of the very extreme far right taking control of Europe – again.

I’m away to continue celebrating!

June 24, 2016 at 12:43 pm

Forgot to say that I think you’re right, Cameron should go sooner. He has said it will be by October.

The Tories do have to regroup to heal some of the divisions and present a united image to the electorate – they need to do that pretty fast – but it will take a little time.

I also think that Boris is probably the only one who can lead the party – and he’s certainly the only one able to deal with the b*s*t that the EU will try to sling at Britain – he is not afraid to call a spade a bl*dy shovel. Britain will need a strong advocate.

Now I shall away to celebrate

10. June 24, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Do I get the impression that you and Bearsy “shall away to celebrate”, Boadicea, goodness knows how many hours ahead of the rest of us? (S’not fair, why do we have to wait…?).

Don’t overdo it now, remembering stereotypical stiff upper lip an’ all. Mind you, immersing said rigid encumbrance in something alcoholic and bubbly helps cure the paralysis I’m told.

I myself and partner, she of the feisty Caledonian genes, intend to test that theory ourselves in about 5 hours time, GMT with a solemn toast to St.Nigel and St.Boris, our joint saviours from oppression. That’s homegrown 17th century Greenwich time note, not Brussels or Strasbourg or Berlin time…

June 24, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Well done Jazz and well done all who voted correctly! (Death to Ceredigion and Gwynydd)

Well who would have thunk it?
    A triple whammy, Brexit wins,
    The oleaginous slug resigns grovelling and whining and we have a sporting chance of getting rid of Scotland and N Ireland!
    I presume the solid EU vote of Scotland was to ensure that their ‘gravy train’ made a smooth transition?
    Perhaps we could do a Trump and get the Scots to rebuild and pay for a new Hadrian’s Wall?
    Make it higher next time please!

Interesting to note that the majority of large cities infested with immigrants or Universities of any size all voted pro EU, Lambeth where you don’t get to see a white face was 77% I believe, mmm, says it all.

Todays entertainment is to listen to the bleating, whining and gnashing of teeth from the dispossessed entitled elite, a splendid cacophony! Goes well with blood pudding.

June 24, 2016 at 9:40 pm

I’m glad we didn’t let you down, Christina.

13. June 25, 2016 at 12:26 am

I was up until 5 am watching it, then slept to 9 am, got up and sang loudly (according to next door).

14. June 25, 2016 at 7:11 am

CO, ‘Todays entertainment is to listen to the bleating, whining and gnashing of teeth from the dispossessed entitled elite, a splendid cacophony!’ How true!

And by way of disharmony, the Lefties are in panic, Londoners whose families live abroad want EU membership for London, Irish who still want a fight have yet another grouse against Britain, Luvvies with their yachts in the Med are crying into their gilded cups – and best of all the champagne Europrats run in fear of their jobs and the prospect of paying tax.

But I’m still afraid Alex Salmond is going to do something we’ll all regret……

June 25, 2016 at 2:46 pm

As I’ve said, Salmond is stirring for all he’s worth, trying to push Sturgeon into another referendum. Amazing how quickly a generation passes these days! But Salmond is just an MP with no power in the Scottish parliament.