Home > General > Success for the Brexit Trolley

Success for the Brexit Trolley

The trolley was very successful, I was easily able to move my paraphernalia the three or four hundred yards from the car park to town hall by myself. Encouragingly I got a few thumbs up and toots on the way there and back. There were two of us ‘manning the fort’ My self and Michael a retired civil servant, we make a good team….I annoy the ‘remainers’ and he calms them down afterwards. You begin to read people before they speak, one chap turned up with a couple of Patrick O’Brian  books under his arm, “I bet he’s Brexit “, I thought and so he was.  I’ve read all of Patrick O’Brian although I’m more of a C S Forester and Richard Woodman fan myself. Woodman is not nearly as well known as O’Brian and Forrester but for me he’s better than either because he’s a professional seaman (Master in the Trinity House ) and it shows, also of course a good writer and historian.

Trolley in Thame

Below are a couple of home made posters (laminated A3) which generated a lot of conversation, depressing how many people haven’t heard of, or don’t know the meaning of Habeas Corpus……never mind the significance of Common Law. I’m going to get a couple of A1 ‘Correx’ boards made up for next week.

Anyway I must go and carry out a couple of ‘mods’ on the trolley.

Corpus Juris etc

May 28, 2016 at 6:23 pm

Oh boy am I with Ben Franklin on that!
    It absolutely horrifies me that so many of the British are such craven cowards these days. turn into jellies at the first sign of rough.
    Seemingly the thought of being just a bit short of money turns the lot into ‘remainers’.
    And as for that unspeakable Cameron with his politics of fear, How can a nation have gone to the dogs quite so quickly?
    As to the standard of education in the British public, there never should have been universal suffrage.
    The right to vote should be by open examination on British law, history, economics etc.
    Or-
    Should have stayed with the 1867 principle of land ownership as qualification! Plus extended the same right to women of equal economic stature. What goes currently is a total bloody joke. Corbyn needs a mental asylum!!

I do hope you get through to a few but I have my doubts. The leave campaign has been far too disorganised, fragmented and disunified to have any success at all. What a bunch of apes. All interested parties should have got together properly and laid out a simplistic manifesto for the intellectual dwarves!

2. May 28, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Christina, from what I see here the folk on the ground are totally united. I use literature from all groups using what I consider the be the best. I’m not in the slightest bit interested in what ‘Head Office’ wants and I don’t listen to the BBC who seen intent on trivialising and distorting every argument. All I can say is that there are a considerable number of people who want ‘out’.
    For instance at Mrs J’s art class today she discovered that they were all Brexiters when I and she would have sworn that they were all remainers. I hope that this may turn into some kind of peasants’ revolt.

3. May 29, 2016 at 12:38 am

Democracy on wheels!

Side note to Boadicea’s Chariot: I would like to Request AUTHOR STATUS. Thanks.

May 29, 2016 at 1:28 am

‘Democracy on wheels!’

Love it!
    But where are the attached scythes jazz?

May 29, 2016 at 1:30 am

Interesting jazz, perhaps we shall have an almighty upset, but I would never trust that s.o.b. Cameron not to rig the vote with the wog postal vote!

6. May 29, 2016 at 5:05 am

Christina.

Scythes: By the time you’ve got done up in all the required safety clobber swinging a scythe is all but impossible.

Vote Rigging: I have to agree with you. This postal vote nonsense was started by Blair as a means of corrupting the system and his heir Callmedave will try to benefit from it.

May 29, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Now now jazz, scythes are attached to chariot wheels!
    Done out of sight of elf and safety!
    Would be a nice defence against the incipient arrival of driverless cars! Hack their tyres up, brilliant.

8. June 2, 2016 at 6:18 pm

Our Angela has spoken! Brexit will do the Brits no good. A bit surprised though that she only comes up with an argument about trade relations. Agreements will be harder. And Britain needs to be ‘inside’ to influence the direction the EU goes. Hm. That’s the whole point, Ange! Brits don’t care much for the EU’s future.