Home > General > EU Entry Campaign 1970-72

EU Entry Campaign 1970-72

This is a copy of a post that I put on MyT.

Below are jpgs of the covering letter from a report by Anthony Royle MP Minister at the FCO circa 1970-2

Quote from page 1 ” ….warrants a brief report, both because it was successful, and because it might provide a guide for possible future Information campaigns…..” . Information being a synonym for propaganda ?

If you would like a .pdf of the whole report (released under the 30 year rule) just email me  a1anx@NA-org.co.uk.

royle1

royle2

royle3

royle4

1. May 25, 2016 at 6:58 am

Jazz, thanks but is there a point?

2. May 25, 2016 at 8:34 am

I often ask myself that question. I come to the conclusion that people should at least have the chance to see prima facie proof of the govt’s duplicity and it was quite easy to post the stuff.

Don’t you want to see the rest of it ? It makes interesting reading, particularly for those of us who were around at the time.

May 25, 2016 at 11:11 am

It has been obvious for many years that ‘we was conned’ regarding the Common Market. And that it was always intended to ‘unify’ and ‘subjugate’ all Europe under some giant umbrella that did away with rights of individual nations to determine their own destinies.

My biggest fear is that the present British will be as easily mislead as I was, or be too fearful to vote “Out”.

I also fear that should the country vote to leave – the outcome will be rigged. How very sad that I have no trust in those who now rule Britain.

May 26, 2016 at 9:09 pm

I have two questions.

1) If Brexit is a leap into the dark, how is is that the Remainiacs can claim, for example, that Brexit will cost every family in the land a very specific £4,300 pa and all the other scare stories about economic meltdown?

2) As for leaps into the dark, how is it that my generation was spoofed into voting ‘in’ back in ’75 for the European Economic Community, which then morphed into the European Community and thence to the European Union with its hateful flag, ‘national’ anthem, foreign policy, government, army and all the other trappings of statehood? As for leaps into the dark, how will the present EU look in forty years time?

It is said that a newspaper fell back through a black hole in the space-time continuum. It was dated 2056 and the headline read, “Tensions continue to rise on the European/Chinese border.”

Just sayin’, like.

5. May 26, 2016 at 9:56 pm

I’ve just come back from a Vote Leave meeting at Oxford Town Hall it was addressed by David Owen, Michael Forsythe and Anne Cremin (History and Politics Student). Any waverers who attended will have been in no doubt that it is in our best interested to leave the EU ‘while we’ve still got our britches’………or breeks north of the border.

6. May 26, 2016 at 11:06 pm

Oz: I see the EU descending into civil war and chaos. To pull off a real sense of unity requires strong leadership. Bismarck had it, Garibaldi had, well, a sense of romance about him, Stalin was no man’s fool, Mao could organise the masses in a way that no one else ever could. What does the EU have? The failed Merkel and the useless Juncker? As with everything else, there are so many half-measures and convoluted nuisances that there’s little reason to suspect that the EU will be anything more than a federalised dog’s breakfast that makes Italy look functional.

7. May 27, 2016 at 6:30 am

Dysfunctional says it all about the EU. It is hard to imagine such a theoretically prosperous ‘alliance’ managing to fail so spectacularly on so many fronts.

8. May 27, 2016 at 7:26 am

Most politicians put party before country because they value their careers more than the sovereignty of their country. We must do something about our political class. The Trump bandwagon shows that people in the US at least are turning against the establishment, there are signs that it is happening here, although whether fast enough to keep us out of the EU straitjacket is moot.

BTW I’m disappointed that no one took me up on my offer to email them a copy of the full EU entry campaign report, I thought charioteers were more curious. If you change your mind just email me at a1anx@na-org.co.uk. I won’t use your email to contact you or deluge you with spam…….honest!

9. May 27, 2016 at 1:30 pm