Home > General > Is this Brendano ?

Is this Brendano ?

Link here

1. January 19, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Certainly sounds pompous and pretentious enough Jazz. “An independent online phenomenon?” Puh-frickin’-leeeeeze.

2. January 19, 2011 at 1:19 pm

No, it isn’t. If you go to Brendano’s site, there are many pictures of him – they don’t look like this guy. He may share several characteristics, but it ain’t him. Relax, have another scotch, kill the red alert. šŸ˜‰

3. January 19, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Sorry Bearsey I don’t drink. Maybe it’s Brendano’s cousin?

What’s the url of brendano’s site?

4. January 19, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Is that better?

5. January 19, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Much better, but even smaller or non-existent would be perfect!

6. January 19, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Who gives a flying fig?

7. Janus
    January 19, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Some of one’s best friends are Iberians, innit? šŸ™‚

8. Soutie
    January 19, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Good grief, have we nothing better to discuss?

Wrong surname.

Wrong picture.

And more than likely the wrong newspaper.

I consider Brendan a good friend of mine, he has selflessly helped Autism Eastern Cape, never ever has he refused a favour asked.

Hang on… Mrs. Soutie wants to chip in.

“Are you lot that narrow minded, GROW UP!

(Mrs. S wanted to add a few adjectives prior to the grow up bit but I refused to type them)

9. Pseu
    January 19, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Well said Soutie

10. Soutie
    January 19, 2011 at 5:29 pm

11. January 19, 2011 at 5:50 pm

Yes, absolutely, Soutie.

I don’t like this sort of post one bit!

12. January 19, 2011 at 9:23 pm

It doesn’t look Brendano but what if it is? Big deal.

Maybe you’re not aware he’s going through a horrible time. His son died suddenly last year.

January 19, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Trying to say this tactfully!

I’m not happy with these sort of posts. It seems a little unfair – since the person in question does not have and never will have the right to reply here.

šŸ™‚

14. Bilby
    January 19, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Boadicea :

Trying to say this tactfully!

Iā€™m not happy with these sort of posts. It seems a little unfair ā€“ since the person in question does not have and never will have the right to reply here.

:-)

I agree, Boa, but with more rather feeling than I’m prepared to express here.

15. Bilby
    January 19, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Oops! That should be “with rather more feeling”.

January 19, 2011 at 11:10 pm

No way is this pretentious prat Brendano. He is a terribly trendy “cutting edge” journalist whose work, as I have already posted, should be “spiked” more regularly. He’s so avant-garde he doesn’t use capital letters. Perhaps he thinks it’s clever and hasn’t heard of e e cummings.

17. January 19, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Blood ‘ell, mates! Do you know how hard I have tried to forget him? Now you bring him up? I’m a teetotaller, so I am going to have to pour myself another cuppa because of this! *sniff* *sniff*. Bloody ‘ell, the only brew I have on hand is Irish Breakfast Tea! This just won’t do, this just won’t do. I’m back to practising my Kanji.

January 19, 2011 at 11:39 pm

Christopher – Best laugh I’ve had in the last twenty-four hours! Thanks!