Home > General > Look

Look

what the cat dragged in…

Found this cute baby bun trying to burrow into the bottom stair in the hallway this morning, having been brought in by cat Leo from the fields not too far away.

Fortunately he seemed completely unharmed, once he had recovered from the shock and was released back to the thick and wild hedgerow from whence he probably came.

There has been too much blood shed by the kittens but on this occasion, Leo’s handling technique was merciful.

About these ads
Categories: General Tags: , , , ,
    July 26, 2011 at 10:14 pm

What annoyed me was that once the cat had brought his little friend in, he then lost all interest in it, so like you we found terrified furry creatures in various places. Glad bunny made it home safely.

2. July 26, 2011 at 10:15 pm

So cute, but keep it away from the veg patch…

3. July 26, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Hi Sheona, this was a first for a living thing to be left – oh hang on, a second – i was ironing just before the hols and saw a mouse trotting about the living room. Wondered how the hell to get rid of it without Capt Sensible seeing it, and by some miracle, managed to persuade it to leave by the front door. Prayed that the neighbours wouldn’t just be arriving home to see a brown mouse climbing over the doorstep!!

Yes he was very cute, Pseu – and very quick on his feet to disappear back under the hedge!! There’s an allotment very close to the fields and hedgerows where all the rabbits live. It must be like their supermarket!!

4. July 27, 2011 at 2:23 am

The cats often bring interesting “presents” for me. Many times I’ve found mice, much of the time I’ve been able to save them as my bedroom is the cat’s nocturnal entrance. Sometimes they bring in birds, but one night the cat brought in something unprecedented… I heard a horrible screeching, something which seemed entirely unnatural, ungodly almost. I woke up to find a bat prostrate on its back, screeching for dear life on my bedroom floor. I went to get some tongs and picked it up that way, throwing it out.

5. July 27, 2011 at 8:15 am

Only one question there Jan.

Short crust or flaky? :)

6. July 27, 2011 at 8:52 am

Oh Furry One, how could you even think it!! (mostly bones anyway I guess… ) ;-)

Good grief Christopher! I’d hate the bedroom to be the dropping off point for the night’s kills. A screeching bat? That must have chilled the blood good and proper!!

7. July 27, 2011 at 9:28 am

I’m a ferret Jan, how could I possibly think anything else when presented with a rabbit? :)

8. July 27, 2011 at 5:02 pm

I too have had a bat / cat incident. It had a high pitched shriek when, thinking it was dead, I picked it up, threw in on the kitchen compost collector and then put in a tea bag….

The rabbit the cat bought in was half eaten though….

July 27, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Oooh, lovely! Anyone got a spare burger-bun?

Jan – Bats, fruit bats at least, which are the size of a Jack Russel terrier with a three foot inedible wingspan, make a perfectly accptable repast when stewed or barbied. I’ve eaten both in PNG.

Ferret, I’ll fight you for the wabbit. :-)

10. July 27, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Oops sorry OZ,

Was I supposed to have saved you some? Burp!

July 27, 2011 at 6:41 pm

Barstweard!

July 27, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Or even Barsteward…..it’s the hunger that dulls my ability to type.

13. July 27, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Hee Hee OZ,

I wouldn’t know, I’m stuffed.

July 27, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Barsteward! All the wabbits you left on the doorstep have been consumed and I may feel constrained to go out hunting tomorrow. The pool is ever so refreshing though. :-)

15. July 27, 2011 at 10:08 pm

Pseu, i thought bats were supposed to be ultrasonic. I would demand my money back if I were you..that bat was faulty ;-)

Blimey this innocent little post has brought out all your predatory instincts! Down boys!!

I love fruitbats, OZ. Only slightly smaller than a cricket bat. I should imagine they could be a lot meatier than cute ickle wabbit. ;-)