Home > Uncategorisable > Royal Wootton Bassett

Royal Wootton Bassett

“Wootton Bassett is to be the first town in more than 100 years to get the title of “Royal” in recognition of its efforts to honour the UK’s war dead.”

More here.

I’m pleased for the town. I’m sure their dignified efforts to mark the homecoming of fallen servicemen has been of some considerable comfort to their families.

About these ads
Categories: Uncategorisable
  1. March 16, 2011 at 3:13 pm

I couldn’t agree more, Toc, although I wish the announcement had come from the palace and that plonker, Cameron.

2. tocino
    March 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Zen,

The one eyed Jock and his Labour lackeys missed a golden opportunity to do this some time ago. Had they done it, I would have marked it down as the only useful thing that they had ever done.

3. March 16, 2011 at 3:28 pm

I agree 100%

4. March 16, 2011 at 3:50 pm

zenrules :

I OMITTED ‘not’ before ‘Cameron’

5. March 16, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Nice one.

I agree Zen, this was a Palace release surely, not for that complete public school prat to go blurting out.

I hope Aunty Liz pays a visit in person to bestow the honour upon the good folk of RWB.

March 16, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Agrtee with ferret!

March 16, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Agree with Ferret, but also note that RAF Lyneham is to close next year. Which bit of what the people of Wootton Bassett do with tragic regularity do our ‘leaders’ not understand?

8. tocino
    March 16, 2011 at 6:44 pm

Quite frankly, I do not give a toss who announced it. I and thousands of others signed various petitions for the granting of the Royal prefix. To moan about who made the announcement, in my mind, rather devalues the whole thing. I honestly believe that the good people of Wootton Bassett will not care one little bit who announced it either, they will just feel justifiably proud. :-(